It already feels weird not to be blogging. Or to be panicking because it's after eleven at night and thinking, oh my god, I haven't blogged yet.
It is actually only eight in the morning right now, but I felt like writing. Especially since my other option is doing anthropology homework.
It's May Day! I love May Day. It was always one of my favorite holidays as a kid. Actually, I'm not sure if it's even a holiday, but I like it anyway. I don't know if everyone celebrates the same way, but if you've never done May Day stuff, basically you make up these little baskets full of candy. Then you go put them on your friends' doorsteps, ring the bell, and RUN. It's fun. I guess some people decorate their doorsteps as well, but I only learned about that this year, so I've never done it.
Anyway, about which people I'd like to be friends with. OF COURSE fictional characters count (fun fact: one of my friends and I once made a list of eligible fictional men. We're a bit pathetic.). List time!
~Luna is probably the fictional character I'd want to be friends with most.
~Like I said yesterday, I'd love to be friends with MJ. This is sort of a unique situation, though. I don't know if I'd want to be friends with most of the authors I read. It reminds me too much of that thought that you "shouldn't meet your heroes, or you'll be disappointed." Maybe I'm just paranoid. Maureen is a bit different, I think because I see a lot of myself in her blogs. I have a very strange sense of humor, that very few people get (seriously, there's, like, my brother and one of my friends who really get it), but I have a feeling Maureen would.
~Kristina (italktosnakes, mentioned yesterday) is my favorite YouTuber, so I think it'd be cool to know her. I don't really know what happens when she's not behind a camera, so I can't say this is completely correct, but she reminds me of what I would imagine as a big sister when I was younger and wished I had one. Also, the more Potter people you have in your life, the better. My IRL friends know I like Harry Potter, and they do too, but I don't think they quite understand the extent of it.
There are probably a bunch of other people I'm just not thinking of at the moment.
That all probably sounded really creepy. I'm not a stalker, I promise.
I'm on my amazing school internet connection today, so I'm off to catch up on YouTube videos.
3 comments:
I have never celebrated May Day; it sound like a lot of fun though.
And doesn't everyone at some point make a list of eligible fictional men?
i've never even heard of celebrating may day..or may day being an actual holiday type thing.
i've never actually written down on paper eligible fictional characters, but they're always in my mind (when i read the books, not like 24/7)
kristina is one of the youtubers i follow a lot! her, johnnydurham19, charlieissocoollike, nerimon, ianardo, etc. haha
I have never heard of May Day. Now I feel sad that I've never known about it. Thanks for teaching me, better late than never I guess =]
I love Kristina. Her Lauren and Hayley are my favorite fiveawesomegirls. The only one I've seen ALL the 5ag vids for though is Lauren (I got a bit obsessive one weekend...) I plan to go back and watch EVERY ONE after school gets out.
I didn't think about fictional characters. I'd love to meet Luna, Hermione, ummm Miles or Alaska maybe. OMG Mel in Bermudez Triangle. I love her. I'll have to think about this list though. I've never thought to hard about which characters I'd like to meet...
Post a Comment