Now, normally this isn't something I would never, ever subject anyone to. But, unfortunately for those reading this, Sarah asked for it.
I'm ridiculously fascinated by names. I have a long and growing list of ones I like (more girls than boys), most of them so uncommon or strange that my children would hate me for their entire lives, so it's probably a good thing I don't plan on having any. I'll try to keep my list here shorter and fairly normal.
GIRLS
Rose- possibly as a shortening of Rosalind, who is pretty much my favorite Shakespeare character. Also, my great-grandmother's name, so the relations would be pleased.
Lily- I've always liked the name Lily, and not just because of Harry Potter. But I think if my daughter had to share a name with a fictional character, Lily Potter is a damn good one.
Violet- now I'm just starting to like flower names.
Indigo- or maybe it's color names? I met someone called Indigo once, and I just thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread.
Marian- I know it's a form of Mary, whose meaning has the word 'bitter' in it, but I just think Marian has an amazing ring to it. Also, Robin Hood.
Joanna- I love names that end in '-ah' sounds (Hannah, Olivia, Evanna, Joanna, etc), and I love the nickname 'Jo' for a girl. (I agree with Sarah about the boys' names for girls. It's fun.)
Parker- Parker was the name of my favorite character on the show Radio Free Roscoe, and it just never left me.
Anika- basically, I just think it sounds awesome.
Azaria- same as above.
BOYS
Jonah- I used to be rather fond of Jonas, but then those brothers had to crop up.
Ian- cute, simple.
Xaviar- it sounds cool.
Wes- it grew on me after I read The Truth About Forever. Lots of names just grow on me, so that eventually I love them, but everyone else thinks I'm mad.
Isaac- eh, it's on the list. I like it.
Elijah- love the sound.
LeakyCon is in a week! Seven days from now I will be in Boston! Squeeeee!
1 comment:
LILY omg I love that name and can't believe I left it off my list!
All those names are so awesome. Names are the coolest thing ever. Elijah is awesome. We once found a stray dog and we ended up giving it to my grandpa since Noah was ummm too friendly with him =] but anyways, I wanted to name him Elijah because I thought it was such a beautiful name but my dad liked Max. So the dog's name is Max. Which isn't a bad name, just Elijah sounds soooo much better I think.
Thanks for the list ^_^
Post a Comment