I finished the fourth book in the Percy Jackson series today. Then I ran out to get the little extra book about the characters to have something to make the wait for the fifth book more bearable.
This is ridiculous.
I haven't been really excited about a book coming out since Harry Potter.
So, basically, everyone should go read them. Now.
Mom picked me up from school today and made me go shopping with her for about three hours.
I should pause here to tell you about me and shopping. We do not get along. I'm very tall, which is not fun for finding pants. I have rather large feet, and I hate shoes (shoes in general, not just shopping for them. I'd rather run around in socks all the time). My mother also takes about ten times longer than I do in each store. I could go on and on.
Anyway, I just read the entire time. It's lucky I didn't crash into anyone while walking with my nose in my book.
I finished the book then, so Mom bribed me to stay at the mall for a bit longer by meeting up with my dad and brother at Big Bowl (a really amazing Asian restaurant). So I suppose it could have been worse.
Something else about me: I sleep a lot. Therefore, though it's only 10:42 on a Friday night, I'm going to go get some shut eye, hit the sack, catch some Z's, etc.
It's too bad I'm not a cat. I could sleep all the time.
1 comment:
I know why we are BEDA buddies, I hate shopping as well. I'd rather stick sharp things in my eyes. I don't see how my mom and sister could spend hours at a store staring at clothes or shoes or jewelry. I'd totally rather read.
And when does the 5th book come out? Waiting suckssssssss. But also I guess waiting is better than going fast and having it just be over....I couldn't imagine not having to wait for HP. It would have been harder than the wait since the waiting is half the fun (until it makes you want to kill yourself.)
Post a Comment