Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 6: Ferretmania


Someone suggested in the blog idea thread that we spend a BEDA blog to discuss ferrets. As I'm short of time today (stupid midterms), I'm going to use this idea. So, ferrets.

I googled ferrets, and these are some of the highlights of my research:

Apparently, ferrets belong to the same family as badgers. Maureen, if you happen to be reading this, I would love to know your thoughts. Does the fact that ferrets are related to badgers make you like them less? Were you a fan of ferrets to begin with? Please share.
"Ferrets are escape artists." This is meant to warn against them sneaking around the house and such, I'm sure, but in my head there is this idea of a ferret Houdini. Like, this website is telling me that it's okay to tie a ferret up and drop it into a bucket of water, because it will be able to magically escape. I'm fairly certain this is not actually the case.
Ferrets can catch colds and the flu from humans. Please refrain from slobbering on your ferret when ill.
"You can bathe your ferret a couple times a year." A couple times? A couple times? And evidently they will still smell afterwards.


Be sure to carefully consider these facts before getting your own pet ferret, kids.
See you tomorrow.

No comments: